Friday, August 4, 2017

Oh Boy

8/5/17 -- Well, my youngest sister is, most likely, at her new place for recovery.  The learning hospital that she has spent the last 2 weeks, found a skilled care facility that accepted her, with no issues.  The place is an half an hour, give or take 5 minutes from our mom, and an hour, give or take.  I am glad that there are no more trips to Madison, just sitting in a hospital, next to my sister's bed, not doing anything was getting on my nerves, just a little.  Nothing against my sister but it is a fact.
  Today, I had an interview at a car dealership about 40 minutes from where I live.  It was for a part time receptionist position, that I had applied for.  It sounds a lot like something I can do and there is room for me to grow and maybe even advance.  It is a career change but I am completely ok with that.  I want a career change and I am working on taking classes towards that end.
  I have spent the afternoon, preparing meals for me to eat next week.  I have one more left, and that is chicken noodle soup.  I know that is a winter or fall meal, but for me it is comfort food.  Plus, it is something that will be easy for me to warm up, to eat with one hand.  Not to mention, I make my chicken noodle soup completely from scratch, including the noodles, which means it will be super yummy and healthy.
   I am really hoping that the people that have said they will help me take a computer class, are willing to help me with the first one. I went to the college that I live right across from and filled out an application; after which the secretary said that I need to fill out a different application plus pay right then and there.  I told her then that I had someone else that was going to help me out by paying for it.  Then I had her right down the cost of the class and the book, so that I could drop off the note to the people.
  I really want to take the classes on Microsoft word, and excel so that I can be better prepared for the jobs that I really want.


No comments:

Post a Comment