Sunday, July 30, 2017

Such is Life

7/30/17 -- Accompanied my mom to the hospital, visit my little sister, yesterday.  She is doing better than when I saw her on Tuesday.  That is such a good thing.  She does have her spunk back, that is always good.
  I am scheduled to have carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel release surgery, on the 9th of August.  I then had to find someone that would take me to the hospital and take me home; that I have found.  There is one person that I emailed, but she is already booked, so I found someone else.  Mom is say that she could if I really needed her too but I really didn't want to do that because she has a lot on her plate.  At this point, we don't know where my little sister will be because it looks like she will be there another couple of days but I am really hoping that she will not have to be released too early.  Evidently, "medically ready" and really being ready aren't the same thing, where she is concerned, most likely others too.
Also, the social service woman is looking into 2 other nursing facilities, one that is about half way between us and her, but a small town off the the east of us.   The other place they are looking into, is a place that is in the same town that I live in, which will take some of the pressure off mom.  My middle sister is just on the outer edge of the town that I live in, which means that her and I could visit my little sister (if she were to be placed in this nursing home) and mom wouldn't have to come up as often.
  I gotta say that I am not overly looking forward to this surgery cause it's on my dominate hand, I am left handed and that is the hand and elbow that have to be operated on.  Evidently, I will be in a sling for two weeks, after the surgery. I won't be able to move my arm for that long.  That is going to complicate my life just a smudge. Ok maybe more than just a smidge, ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment