Sunday, July 2, 2017

Not Allowing......

6/2/17 -- I have mentioned all of the things that are going on in my life, right now.  I will tell you that I am not allowing all that stuff worm it's way into my emotions to the point of cause depression to return!  Yes, all this stuff is bad but my sister is holder her own, the drs are doing their jobs and helping her in the best ways they know how.  My dad is in a Nursing Home but there is nothing that can be done about that and it doesn't pay to worry about it.  It is very difficult for me to see him there but it is what it is.  Here's the truth, I have reached out to my friends and prayer warriors, they are praying for my sister and mom, as well as, myself.  Keeping in touch with my friends and them keeping in touch with me, keep me accountable.  
  The biggest thing for me is that I know that God is in complete control.  He knows exactly what is going on, yes he could take charge and remove us from the situation like perform a miracle, yet He is with us.  You see, there are times when He doesn't "remove His 'children' from the storm" but rather He is with is in the Storm.  He uses the bad things that happen as a tool to teach us something, perhaps to show someone else how we react to the situation so that we can be of help and encouragement to someone.  The things that we go thru are never easy but can be used as a tool to teach us and that we can use the experience as a means to be able to relate to someone else going thru something similar. 
  I feel so much stronger than I was when things fell apart between my son and I.  By no means has things gotten too much better, there is some communication, but not enough (in my opinion).  That is not to say that this isn't a very difficult time for me.  I really don't like seeing my little sister in the condition that she is in.  All those tubes, and lines coming out of her and her not being able to communicate because of being on the ventilator.  I do know that that drives her nuts.  She tries to do sign language but mom and I just don't read sign language at all.  My middle sister can but apparently not all that well, either that or my little sister just isn't able to be all that clear with her hands.
  Keeping God in the forefront is the most important for me.
Oh, did I mention that I don't have a job right now?!  Oh, yes I don't have a job and have been doing the job hunting thing for the last couple of weeks.  That in and of itself is very difficult but I do have some glimmer of hope in that I have applied for a job that starts out part-time and has the potential of becoming full-time; that is providing that the company wants me to come for an actual interview.  I interviewed with the employment agency that this company is working thru.  I am now "employed or registered" with 2 employment agencies I don't know if that is good or not, but it is what it is.  I need a job.  
  I am also looking at the prospect of taking some classes to learn more about the computer programs that most companies work with, Microsoft word, excel and suite.  Those seem to be the programs that Administrative assistants need to know, and I don't have those skills.  I was just starting to experiment with them when my last laptop crashed and the current one is an apple product.

No comments:

Post a Comment