Friday, February 20, 2015

Plugging along

2/20/15 -- Well, today is a day off.  I don't like these 4 day weeks, at all!  It does make it difficult to plan a budget and to make sure that it is possible that the rent gets paid.  It doesn't help that this is February and it is a shorter month.  Don't get me wrong, I am thankful that I am working, doing something that I totally enjoy but this not working full weeks is tough come to rent time.  I wish there was something else I could be doing that could bring in a side income that would be a supplemental income to help me out when things are tight with my boss.  I don't know what that could be; the one thing I was thinking was giving plasma:  however when I found out that it only gives $20 to $30 each time, doesn't really make it worth it for me to drive to Janesville and back on a regular basis.  If I lived closer or in Janesville then absolutely but not so much now.  There has to be something else that I can do to help myself out.
      I was successful in persuading my doctor to let me stopping my blood pressure medication so test if it is the cause of this dry, scratchy throat that causes irritating, annoying cough that I have been enduring for quite a long time.  The blood pressure medication has to side effects that I don't like, one of which I am taking a medication to combat the conflagration.  One side effect is the aggravation of acid reflux and the other is dry cough.  So, I take a med for the acid reflux but the coughing is an extreme annoyance!  Anyway, my doctor gave me permission to stop taking the blood pressure medication for 3 weeks to test the theory that it is the cause of the coughing. So, the less medication  I am taking the better, YES!  The stupid coughing has succeeded in causing the migraine to overpower the Topamax and take me out of the game and that isn't good on the weekends.
    No news on the rejection front.  I believe my son and family went on vacation, to the Dells, for the week.  Makes me jealous!  I haven't been able to go on a vacation for a long time. The whole time I was laid off would have been a perfect time to go somewhere but it takes money to do that and money is something that I never have enough of to keep rent and bills paid let alone go on vacation!  I have been doing pretty good not dwelling on the "pile of crap" cause there really isn't anything that I can do about it anyway, it doesn't do me any good.  That doesn't mean that it's not on my mind, I just am not dwelling on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment