Monday, March 30, 2015

The Weekend

3/24/15 -- Well this past several days have been interesting.  Saturday morning didn't go quite as planned.  Woke up at a decent time but was still pretty tired so laid back down and woke up 3 hours later. That was not a super good thing since I had a wedding to be at by 2pm and I didn't have everything ready for the wedding gift, not to mention zero wrapping paper.  Anyway, I was late getting to the wedding but I did make it for the ceremony, the most important part.  The only thing that I wrapped my gift in was yellow tissue paper. I had found the special card last week at the clinic pharmacy so that was already done, I just had to fill it out.
   So, I made it to the wedding, saw my sister with all her children minus her oldest son.  Thankfully, in this particular situation, I didn't have to be concerned with seeing my son there, because I knew that he wasn't invited.  I only had one of his friends ask about him.
The reception was later that evening so I went home - there was a dinner for the family only, right after the wedding but after pictures were taken.  So, once I got home, checked the mail and there was a letter from the Elders of the Monroe Bible Church with the header of my daughter in-law and I on it.  Thanking us for attending the meeting and acknowledging how hard it was for the both of us because they, the Elder board, didn't know much if anything about the situation.  Also, admonishing us to not saying anything to anyone about the situation.  Needless to say that letter reset my mood for some of the afternoon, to the point that I just couldn't go to the grocery store like I really wanted to.
  The closer that I got to 6:30pm the more I had to work on resetting my mind again so that I could go to the reception without having something cloud my mind and ruin the time I could have, still hoping that I wouldn't see my son-I know pretty bad huh but I wanted to enjoy the evening. Especially isn't I know that he is pretty angry right now.
3/30/15 -- Last week was interesting-I made friends with someone via a Facebook group and now we are messaging on a regular basis via Facebook Messenger.  She is really suffering from depression and some other stuff due the different things that she has dealt with throughout her life.  As a result she doesn't trust anyone and she has a hard time trust me and anything that I say.  I have been doing my best to encourage and uplift her but she is resistant in believing that she deserves the encouragement.
  Through a series of events she ended up in the hospital with 25 stitches and sedated because she was fighting the staff, then she was transferred to place where she would get the help she needs for the mental issues because she can't get better mentally by herself.  I enjoy trying to help someone else because it really does take the focus off of myself which is a good thing.  It does get kind of irritating because she can be rather stubborn but I can be too which sometimes is helpful.  I have assured her that I am there for her regardless of what she thinks about herself.  I understand some of what she is dealing with but I don't get the total resistance to encouragement, support and love.  She has finally accepted me and my love for her but can be very resistant to what I am telling her to encourage or try to tell her to do or not to do. Oh well I will continue to do what I am doing.  Eventually, hopefully she will come to understand I have her best in mind and not everyone is out to get or hurt her.

No comments:

Post a Comment