Sunday, March 1, 2015

An Interesting Week

3/1/15 -- Well, here it is the beginning of month of March, I don't know where you all are located, but where I am (upper northern midwest)it's still cold brrr and there is snow on the ground.
  Last week was a very interesting week, like mid to last part of the week. My ex-husband friend requested me on Facebook; of course I freaked out [probably overreacted a little bit] but I quickly let my daughter in-law know so she wouldn't accept his request and let my son know.  Little did I know that my son had already accepted his request and is his Facebook friend.  
   Anyway, there was a conversation with my daughter in-law, via Facebook messaging, which quickly turned accusatory on her part and she informed me that her and her mom dropped me as a friend because of my "behavior".  Of course, I have no idea what "behavior" she was  referring to because she didn't elaborate.  So, of course, I wanted to respond with "my behavior, what about yours?" but I didn't say anything; I just backed out Facebook and decided not on Facebook.
Naturally, all of this is going on at work so I want to talk to someone, and every one was at work that I would talk to so emailed 3 people including my counsellor because I just had to talk to someone.  One thing that I didn't do is loose it emotionally, which is totally wonderful, it felt great.  My boss came home from work at like 3pm at the same time I get a call from the clinic asking if I could come in a 5pm to see my counsellor. That was like perfect timing. 
  I went to see my counsellor and we talked about the events of the last couple of days.  It felt great to be able to talk to him, and just unload all of that concern to him and get it out in the open.  I just had to talk to be talk to someone and it was nice to be able talk to him.  What really made my day because he totally encouraged and affirmed me because of the decisions that I had been making the last couple of days.  I tell you what his encouragement has stuck with me over the last few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment