Friday, June 5, 2015

Headache Returned

6/5/15 -- To add to all the other issues the headache has returned but not in the severity that it was before which is a good thing.  Since the headache has started it hasn't let up unless I take Imitrex but it has not been as intense has it was before the injection.  I still just don't like having a headache that doesn't go away.
   My Aunt texted me wanted some info for her Family Tree stuff but she had also asked how i was doing.  I told her that is was doing "so, so" because my son is moving 3 hrs away and hasn't reconciled.  She then responds with, "at least he's not moving to Ohio."  I told her that, that "he might as well be because I don't have an address."  I know that I am being 'cynical' but I can't help it because it's how I feel at this point in time.  She just encouraged me to keep looking to God, which I am doing the best I can.  This time around I am having a very difficult time bouncing back out of the hole, particularly because of the closeness of so many significant days.  The Easter Holiday, someone's comment, Mother's day, and their sudden fast inconsiderate move.  The fact that I just feel like crawling into a hole or driving as far as my money will take me.
  There have been a number of people that have tried to put a positive perspective twist when I answer their questions.  Yet, I just can't seem to see their positive perspective right now given the bad things that they, my son and daughter in-law, have done and said to me.   I know that I have talked about the fact the God has been my strength, he still is, right now I am in a real moment of weakness and still clinging to God by a string.  We are all entitled to have moments or periods of weakness and this time is mine.  
   God is still my foundation yet I still struggle with depression and things like 'why am I still here or what is my purpose here?'  Another thing that I am struggling with after my session with my Counselor, is "who Am I?"  I know who I am in Christ" at least in my head, but it really hasn't sunk in, in my heart but the other thing is; who am I, what is my role now since/that my son doesn't want me any more -- to go along with the fact I just need to discover who I am, outside of being a mom or the grandparent of my own granddaughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment