Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Still Keeping On

1/5/15 -- Well, no work today, but hopefully tomorrow.  Winter has come back with a vengeance - we have had it pretty easy all the way up until now.  Of course, I am suppose to go back to work tomorrow, baring a change in a woman's schedule.  It will be nice to be back to work.  I am hoping to have some stuff set up to take with me to keep me busy, after all done working the boy and his school.  I am going to try and get some small things planned out, in plastic canvas, working with the yarn colors that I have.  I already have some ideas.
1/6/15 --  No work today, the place where the work was to be done, man of the house just found out he has cancer.  So, they have postponed the work to be done so they can adjust to the news and prioritize the treatment the how they approach everything else they are doing.  As far as my boss knows there is work next week so I am planning on going to work.
    Last night I received a reminder call from the clinic I go to, reminding that I have an appointment with my therapist tomorrow.  I kinda have been looking forward to this because I know what this is going to zero in on, the last two weeks.  One of the first things he is going to ask about is how the holidays went.  Honesty is the best policy, but I will need the kleenexes the he has sitting next to his couch, that I sit in.  That will be the first time that I will emotionally face the lack of contact with my family during the holiday season.  I realize I was sick but they didn't know that because my son didn't bother to contact me, period.  I say too much about it on Facebook till after the holiday so there is no way he knew.  I truly dislike the emotional roller coaster that I have been over the last month or more.
   I was doing so good, then to be off work for two weeks, which was a good thing because of being sick, being alone, depression, and know one to talk to living within my household makes things difficult, at times.  Difficult but not impossible, however when you are sick for two long weeks and you are alone and no one to check on you is a recipe for a down ward spiral, which was happening to me.  I do need to be around people, thankfully, my mom came up, and I did go to the doctor, and I am finally feeling way, way better.  We all have our hard time, depression isn't an easy thing to get out of
but it is totally possible to get out of it.  Sometime you have to do it somewhat on your own.
Keep going to your therapy appointments and any other appointments that are helping you to keep going.  Keep up any hobbies or listening to music or even watching tv programs that are uplifting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment