Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year

1/2/15 -- So, here it is 2015 Happy New Year!  Nothing has really changed for my situation, as of yet.   I am prayerfully hoping that is will change soon, because my middle granddaughter's birthday is the beginning of February and I would like to be apart of that part, too.
   Finally, health wise, I am feeling better.  My voice is finally getting back to normal the cough is productive and annoying.  I do need to get my sleep back on track, however, because it so out of whack and for going back to work, it so needs to be back on track, otherwise getting up by 5am to be at 7am will be difficult to get used again.
   Yesterday, I completed the lid of the special stuff box that I was having such an issue with.  I had made the oldest granddaughter's box first and I wasn't too happy with the way the lid turned out on the one.  I went ahead and made the the middle granddaughter's special stuff box and decided to take a different approach on making the lid so that I could see what I had done wrong.  Even tho I was able to fix the lid, I am not all that happy with the lid, however because of how completed the lid is I just didn't want to totally start all over again.  It does look good, but because I am the one who made it and I am the one who is going to be critical about it.  I have started to put labels on the bottom of the things I make and give away.  I was going to try to get into card making but I think I will maybe start purchasing them from a friend who had made it her business and stick to plastic canvas.
   I was actually able to go thru the day without thinking about all the crap going on in my life. No pity party for me yesterday, amazing.  I finished my project, and snacked all day, watched the Rose Bowl Parade, then football games, I also bounced between football and Chopped - at least until the Buckeyes played then I stayed on the game till half time.  I stayed up as long as I could but just couldn't go past half time.  Ohio State Buckeyes WON!  Yes I am Buckeye fan, sorry everyone.  My family (parents) are from Ohio so hence the fan.  I was successful in not having the pity party, that is pretty darn good.  It wasn't a battle either which is actually amazing, too considering I put in the request to my son to give the completed gifts to my granddaughters and see them open them.  Oh, and I have looked and he hasn't seen the request let alone responded, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment