Sunday, January 4, 2015

Back to the Real World :)

1/4/15 -- Well, I made it to church today!  Despite the weather, I made it, it was a must that I went!  I have been sequestered to my apartment for 2 weeks, at least it felt like it.  Yes, my mom came to visit and we went out for lunch but that wasn't really getting out, plus I still wasn't feeling 100% better.
   Last night I did go my hometown, to a well know Local Bar, to a going away party for my sister in-law and her husband.  They are moving to North Carolina because of her husband's job.  They are also long time friends, I went to school with them, we graduated together.  It was such a needed thing for me to get the heck out of my apartment and even my town. I saw a number of people that I have know for a long time, it was great. One long time friend from school and another from just being around my mom, I guess.  
  I totally needed to be around people, as much as sometimes people sometimes get on my nerves after a period of time.  With battling depression and not liking being around crowds for too long can be a double edge sword.  However,  after 2 weeks of being sick and not being around people an the much needed encouragement, the Body of Christ, the people is what I needed.  Again, I needed to remind any of you that I am not preaching, this is what encourages and helps me.  I insist that being around people, the right people is what is needed when you are depressed.  By the right people, I mean people that are going to help and encourage you, lift you up, when you are down.  Please do your best to stay away from the people that are going to bring you down.  Do your best to listen to those who are truly trying to help because they care about you and want to help you.
   I also need to get back to listening to music that is uplifting to me.  If people aren't your thing then maybe music, but I encourage you to gage what type of music you listen to.  There is some music that will just take you right back down the road that you came up from and you should most likely stay away from that.  Try a different style of music, there is all kinds of music out there.  Please explore a different style of you listen to a style that has all kinds of negativity in it, that you don't need if/since you are battling depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment