Monday, January 15, 2018

CARS!!!

1/15/18 -- Here is it Jan. 15th, 2018 and I am wondering with the last half of January went???  Go figure
 So, one day a couple of weeks ago, I was driving to pick up the little girl from school, when my brakes went out as I was turning into the road leading right into the town.  I borrowed a truck, with the hopes of getting my car's brakes all repaired by the weekend.  Well, no such luck, it took another whole weekend.  As it turned out the problem wasn't what was originally thought, it ended up being the master cylinder.  After the master cylinder was installed a brake line ruptured.  That then lead to a complete redoing of the brake lines and one wheel cylinder.  So, over $300 later and two weekends later, I now have my car back with a (pretty much)new brake system.
  So this started out a one person job {so we thought} and ended up a two person job because the dad ended up helping/teaching because is son didn't know how to do a large part of the whole job.
   I have to admit that I really did and do enjoy driving that truck but it is difficult to get into and it is a gas hog when driving out of town.  I am very thankful to have my car back.  However, there are a couple of other things that need replacing on my car, that the dad told me about.  The shocks, and a seal w/bearing, also we figured out what the deal was with the lack of a hood prob.  There is a "shock" that is right in the back of the hood that doesn't work.  That most definitely is going to get replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment