Friday, January 19, 2018

What......

1/19/18 -- Today is the day when the truck exchange takes place.  The owner of the truck that I had been driving while my car was in the shop, is coming in to pick up their truck.  I am guess that the family is coming because then his wife will be able to drive the van home while he drives the truck.  I guess it's technically not an exchange but the owner coming to pick up the truck.  There just wasn't any way to meet in in a small town midway between where they live and where I live.
  I do love having my car back, however, I am considering getting a truck the next time I need a vehicle.  I won't be getting one quite  as big as the one I had been driving.  I don't know why I want a truck, but I really do like having the height advantage.  I like being able to see more than I can in the car.
  I do have some more work that should done be done on the car; the rear shock - the drivers side is leaking, an ac seal/bearing on the drivers side, and I am also going to have him install the shock that belongs on the hood to hold it up.  There is one there but it hasn't worked since I got the car.  The weird thing is - I never saw that stupid shock hinge every single time I opened the hood to put windshield wiper fluid in the car.
  I sent an email to the man I got the car from asking if he could "forgive" the last $200 that I owe on the car because I have had to put that amount + on the brake system.  I figured out that I paid $300+ on the brake system.  The cost includes: front brake pads/rotors, master cylinder, all new brake lines, and a pair of wheel cylinders for the rear brakes.  Purchasing the brake lines was the most expensive out of all the rest of the parts because the men had to "macgyver" the lines together by using "unions" to put the lines together.  I haven't heard back from the man, but I am not sure if I will or not. I am figuring he shouldn't have an issue because its the last $200 the I owe and this time it went into the car.
  This weekend I start house/dog sitting.  The family is leaving early Saturday which means that I need to be at their place by mid afternoon or so to let the dogs out.  I am going to make this my mini vacation because they pretty much live in the country.  I am able to leave my cats for like 3 days by making sure their food and water dishes are plenty full, that way I don't have to go back and forth everyday.  
  I get to park my car in their garage, sleep in their bed - which is a big and tall bed.  They have a master bath with a cool shower head.  I do have their wifi password so I will be able to still get on my laptop and tablet.  They also have satellite which means that I will be able to watch the tv that I like watching along with some that I don't have on my cable package.  I also get to make myself at home and even eat their food.
  This little time in a different place will get me away from the people in my building and I won't have to flip my car from one side to the other.  The family is supposed to be home late next Sunday night.  There is one couple in my building that has so much drama that it's ridiculous.  I haven't known a couple that argues over who does what in the apt.  I finally told them to just wash their own clothes and put them away.  To me it is pathetic that she expecting him to do all the housework even after he has worked all day, and she hasn't done anything but sit around and do nothing but be on snap chat and play video games.  They were getting to the point of sounding like brother and sister, pretty pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment