Friday, January 26, 2018

The difference

1/26/18 -- I am almost at the end of the this dog sitting job.  The owners will be home in a couple of days.
  As I have been spending time with these dogs I have noticed a difference between them and my cats.  Now, besides the obvious differences between cats and dogs.  These two dogs make themselves known in much different ways.  The little girl likes to lay next to me, she likes to snuggle and such.  However, when she is on my lap, she will stand on her hind legs with her front legs just resting on my stomach.  Plus, when she has this strange habit, that her owner didn't tell me about or it could be that she just decided to do this.  I let the big boy out one door, and she decides that she wants to go out the other door and it's because the big dog will quickly stand off to the side, to try to attack her as she is coming out the same door.  She knows this so she wants to go out a different door.
  I have been spending time with my cats too.  About every other day I will go to my apt and spend several hours with my cats, then head back out to the house to let the dogs out and feed them.  I sort of feel like I am staying at a hotel, they even have white towels in the master bath.  I have been eating my own food, for the most part.  They really don't have anything thawed that I would eat plus I had already made some food for me so I just brought it with me.  It's been pretty fun to stay in a house and being able to park my car in their garage.
  It's funny to see this little dog pick a fight with the bigger dog, who is about 5x her height.
  I was asked to dog sit another dog but this is just one dog, an older one, and this will be for 2 weeks.  I am thinking I may have to adjust how I do this.  Two weeks is a bit too long to keep up with the seeing my cats every other day.  I don't know I will see.  The nice thing is, this other house, I have cleaned and it is another friend, so the dog already knows me.

No comments:

Post a Comment