Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Right now

1/23/18 -- Right now I am house/dog sitting for someone that I know from a church that I had attended.  She is someone who is a potter and a knitter.  She is also someone who is the direct secretary to the pastor of the church that I attended, at one time.  I had stopped by their to take a look at the her supply of coffee cups, that she had made, with the hopes of finding a cup or two in the shade of blue that I really like.  It was at that time she asked if I could house sit while they were on a cruise.  I said that I would because I really don't have any reason why I couldn't.  Yes, I have 2 cats but cats are pretty easy to leave alone for a couple of days, at a time.  I just have to make sure that their food bowls are full, the water bowls are full, and that the littler box is clean.  I am spending the nights at their house so that I can be her to let the dogs out early in the morning.
  Staying at this house is really cool, it's like staying at a hotel.  This house is located in a small "suburb" out in the country, about 1/4 to a 1/2 mile away from the town I live in.  The house is pretty big and really nice.  I feel like I am staying in a hotel, because they actually have white towels, in their master bathroom.  The master bath is bigger than anything that i have ever lived with.  There is actually a bathtub that can be used to relax in and there is also a shower that is like a rain shower head.  I feel like I am on a mini vacation.  Yes, I do go home to check on my cats and make sure they have food and water and to pick up more of the food that I already have prepared forgetting that I would be staying here.  However, I am ok with because the food that are in their fridge I won't eat, anyway.  
  I was told to help myself, but I just don't want to thaw what they have when I already have food that I planned on eating anyway.  For the most part, I am drinking her coffee, and using their pans and such but not eating too much of their food.  I was given a gift card to a gas station that I don't typically do to for gas, so I used that to buy some snacks and a meal for Saturday night dinner. I have just enough left on that gift card to purchase another meal.  You see, that gas station sells fresh fried chicken with some side dishes.  This gas station sell a brand of ice cream that I really like.  It is just a tad more expensive than I normally like to spend on ice cream for the amount that you actually get.  With that gift card I bought a chicken meal, big bag of popcorn and that ice cream. 
  I have been eating off my popcorn and ice cream and the food that I brought but you know what I am ok with that.  I still feel like I am on an adventure or a vacation.  I am pretty much away from the apartment drama which does get annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment