Sunday, May 7, 2017

Working On It

5/7/17 -- Today, I finished putting together my lunches for the week along with snacks.  I made egg salad with fresh from the farm chicken eggs and real good mayo with no soy products in it.  I picked some radicchio and am using that to   be a wrap for my egg salad.  I also put celery and pickles in it.  I put together a salad to go with it with some of the meat that I had left over from last week.  I cooked some, as good a quality boneless ribs, that I could get, with good seasoning, low and slow in the oven.  Those boneless ribs came out so tender, but they are for suppers, after work.  Doing my level best to  stay on this whole30 plan.
  I put the chocolate and peanut butter stuff in the freezer so that I won't be tempted to eat any of it.  My snacks consist of nuts and dried fruit portioned into snack size ziplock.  I also have bananas, apples and some little citrus fruit. (can't remember the name of them)
  Yesterday, after visiting my mom, I came home and put together my breakfast for the week, too.  I had picked up some ground pork, seasoned and browned it off, added scrambled eggs, which by the way were duck eggs, that I picked up from a farm west of the town that I live in.  I also baked a couple baking potatoes and sweet potatoes, partially.  I diced them up this afternoon, as well, going to be using them as my hash to go with my scrambled eggs and sausage.
  I gotta tell you, as I was walking thru the grocery store, yesterday, late afternoon, I can't even begin to explain how tempted I was to buy potato chips and dip.  It was then that I completely realized that I have become an emotional eater.  After the news that I had received concerning my dad, I was very tempted to satisfy that need, but I didn't, it was tough but I resisted the temptation.  I felt good that I was able to get out of that grocery store without buying any salty chips or dip.
  I imagine that there are other things that I will find out about myself as this month goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment