Thursday, December 25, 2014

Not a Great Day

12/25/14 -- I woke up bright and early this morning with no particular reason other than I knew that I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep.  This is Christmas Morning and I am not spending it with my family!  How depressing is that?!  Sure I put the request in several weeks ago, but all I could do is request, the last gift isn't even completed.  Albeit simpler than the first one, not completed.  I haven't received any word from either one of them, which would have been nice to hear something.  I woke up at like 4:20am fed the cats, figuring I would avoid any possible kitty messes, even though I hid the loose toilet paper in the little medicine cabinet to avoid any more mischievousness from ms Penni.
   I know there a lot of people that are reading this that are feeling some of the same things that I am right now.  (Possibly)  This past week has been nothing but a struggle, with being laid off and all, being alone.  Being alone, really sucks!  Yes, I so have 2 cats but they aren't human so therefore I can't really talked to them.  I have had a friend offer to allow me to go with her to her mom's place for  a day but with being sick, I turned her down for yesterday, but will take her up on it tomorrow possibly, as long all goes well and I don't get any surprises.  I worked on this for awhile, took a shower then decided it was time to work on the keepsake box, for my middle granddaughter.
   I gotta tell ya, this cold or whatever I have or had had kinda put a damper on things.  I was kinda hoping to do something with my friend L and her husband, but even tho I am not coughing anywhere near what I was, I do still have a sore spot in my throat and my voice is going in and out.  That is the really bizarre thing.  So, given that little complication I decided against going with her tomorrow on the premise that I am planning on talking to the Dr.'s office, altho I am seriously doubting on the idea of getting in to see him.  I heard nothing from my son, which really is sucky!  I didn't spend too much time on Facebook today just because I am a little too jealous of the people on there right now and I don't want to be in tears, altho I am sure I will be there sooner or later.
   This has to be the worst day ever, for me!  Not a single one of my friends bothered to call or texted to see how I was doing, altho, somehow I don't blame them just because it would be depressing.  Being alone, no one to talk to and having no one to spend the day with, or even just a couple of hours with just really sucks.  Not to mention the fact, that I don't have that much food in my house, thawed or to actually to work with, really super, duper sucks.  Luckily for me, I did/do have a project that is keeping me busy, plus I do have several other things that I plan on making, out of the plastic canvas.
    I am feeling myself wanting to do more of the plastic canvas, I have a couple of ideas to give to my  "girl friends".  I have something that I want to make for my orthopedic surgeon's daughter,  another wedding gift (keepsake box-similar to one I have already made),  then some special stuff boxes for another set of special girls.  I do have ways of keeping myself busy, but I can't keep out of my mind.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry that I didn't call you on Christmas! Ughhhh! I really messed up didn't I??? I'm really sorry and you lost your job???? When did that happen? I was at Ellen's house in Mt. Horeb for Christmas. She says to say hello. She misses you too. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete