Friday, November 14, 2014

Picking up The Pieces

11/14/14 -- {7/11/14} Not long after talking to my friend from Janesville, another friend called, she was on her way home (with her husband) she could hear how upset I was and she asked if I wanted to come to her place to spend that night.  I told her that it wouldn't be a good idea if I drove because of the state I was, in at that moment.  She then offered to come to spend that night at which point I just wasn't sure, she then she said she would call when she got home, in about 45 minutes. I told her that would be fine.  I was just in tears, a complete and total mess.  I have never felt so out of control with my emotions, in my life.  I just plain couldn't think clearly and I didn't know if wanted to be alone or have somebody with me, I just didn't know.
  What really was nice, was knowing that I was going to see my friend from Janesville the next morning.  I haven't seen her in like a year or something.  Then as I was waiting for the Pastor to call and my other friend to get home and call, there was a message that popped up on messenger from my daughter in-law's mom, saying that our granddaughters were there.  She said that I could come over and spend some time with them while they were there, after my making sure it was ok.  I got my shoes on and pulled myself together so quick, it wasn't funny!  That is just what I needed - it was just the dose of pick me up that God knew I needed to to get me thru the night and weekend. [ Forgive my short version spelling of some words, I do it on purpose.]
    My Daughter in-law's mom live just across the parking lot and across the yard of another apartment building from me, so I walked over there.  I don't think I ever walked anywhere so fast in my life, putting my ankle at risk. {I didn't care!}  I really just was so excited to get to see my granddaughters, I really needed to see them!  Their other grandma had absolutely no idea just how perfectly timed her message was.  My middle granddaughter ran up to me, she was thrilled to see me, so was her older sister.  They both gave me hugs and instantly included me in their play.  As soon as I got over there tho, I realized that I had forgotten the gifts that I had gotten them back in February, after valentines day.  The middle child asked if they could go and get the gifts, so I made sure it was ok if we walked back to my place to get them and come back, their other grandma said it was fine.  So, the three of us walk back to my place and they got their stuffed bears that I picked up for them, they saw my cats again.  They both express their desires to come back to my place to back and spend the night.  They remember when I had taken them to my favorite bakery and when we had done some baking together and they want to do that again.  I really didn't know what to say to them, other than I would talk to their parents.  
   We walked back to their other grandma's apt. and I hung out there for quite a while.  I received 2 phone calls while I was visiting with my granddaughters. One was the Pastor and the other was my other friend.  They both were thrilled that I was able to visit with my granddaughters and both said they would call me the next day, neither one kept me on the phone very long, not wanting to take from my time with my granddaughters.  That night was great!  Time really flew by that night, before we knew it was almost 11pm and the girls were getting tired, especially the youngest.  So, after getting my hugs and good nights from them I walked home, feeling somewhat better.  What perfect timing God has for me, just what I needed to get me thru the night, especially.
    When I got home I just cried, my granddaughters are so precious to me and I haven't been able to spend as much with them as I would like.  The issues between my son and I really have gotten in the way of my relationship with my granddaughters, including getting to know my baby granddaughter, which really sucks!  Not only that, but has affected me in a way that I never expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment