Saturday, November 22, 2014

The Present day

11/22/14 -- So it is Saturday, before Thanksgiving; I had a visit with my Therapist this past Monday and I wasn't sure what I was going to do for Thanksgiving because my dad said "no" to my invitation to do dinner on that day.   My mom has to work and she did warn me that he may say "no", but I was hoping that if I did the inviting he might say " yes" but no. Well, my dad said "no", needless to say, even though I wasn't surprised, I was and honestly still am feeling bummed.  
     So anyway, I am at work earlier this week when I get text from my friend M, inviting me to their place for Thanksgiving dinner; when I saw that text I actually got tears in my eyes. We texted back and forth for a few minutes.  I don't know why but sometimes I am blown away when someone tells me they miss me, who isn't my family.  At the same time it hurts like heck that my own family does seem to miss me. (My son and family)
    Right now, as I sit here typing this out I am actually struggling with the stuff that I have to do today. However, this time I can't not do the stuff this week because it simply has to be done. I have to grocery shop for food and for the Samaritan's Purse Christmas box, so I have no choice to go do what I gotta do, today.
    I woke up with a headache despite having taken the Topamax last night, I also have taken the medication this morning but the headache is still in my head but not just not all that intense, which a good thing.  The headache have been figured out, at least in my mind as long term stress related. So, the Topamax is helping to keep the headache in check. [ I will fill you in on the whole headache story later]
   Well, I got my stuff done. Fought thru a little bit of tears right before going into Aldi's. I was able to get pretty much everything at Aldi's, which is always nice, I did for get to get pork chops so had to get them at Pick-n-Save. Being single is also what makes this tough, I think. I am not particularly fond of being single.


No comments:

Post a Comment