Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Getting Started with The Help

11/18/14 -- {7/17/14} Today is the day that I have 2 meetings, one with 2 Pastors and what I am hoping is my son and wife.  Even tho earlier in the week, one Pastor and his family had stopped by to give me something (can't remember now) he mentioned that my son had backed out.  I was still, like a dummy, holding out some kind of hope that he would show.
   I was at work, so I had to bring the young man with me, and he sat just outside the secretary's office, with their door ajar.  When I went in, both Pastors were there and no son. I guess I wasn't too surprised.  
   So, I sat down in the Pastor's office and filled him in on what had been going on.  The second Pastor was already in the loop on something but had not been up to speed on recent events.  The meeting lasted 1 1/2 hrs. I was quite surprised at how much the Pastor was open and wanted to listen and he was willing to make himself available.  I already am in the know with second Pastor and his family.  He has 6 little children, including 1 pair of beautiful twin girls.  Interacting with these children is the joy of my life, especially since I can't have the joy of interacting with my granddaughters.  The second Pastor and his family I totally enjoy spending time with altho this part of the summer they haven't been around much so I was really left out and lonely.  It felt really good to unload all that I had been carrying with me, altho the Pastor didn't want to overstep his bounds because he knew that I had a therapy appt. later that evening.  Between the two of them, they gave me some sound advice, and pledged their prayer and support throughout this ordeal.  The Pastor also said that I could email or call/text him anytime I was have issues or feeling like I wanted to drive into a semi again.  The second Pastor even took a quick break to go out and check on the young man that I had brought with me.  We were winding things up.  The Pastor had me look at a couple of scripture in the Bible and then we ended the same way we began, with a prayer.  I totally felt better.
            I am going to back up a couple of days, I just happened to remember that the second Pastor and his family stopped by to give me something (can't remember what) I hadn't seen them pretty much all summer. The second Pastor's wife was driving, so she rolls the back window down so I could see the rest of the family, because I had asked if the rest of them were with them. I said I "hi" to the girls, their little boy was snoozing.  They were all excited to see me, the twins were, especially.  They were on their way to the fair, but a couple of the girls had gotten in trouble, so they weren't going to get any cheese curds at the fair. I figured out who it was, it was the oldest and one of the twins.  Just as they were getting ready to pull away and go to the fair, the twin that was already in trouble, unbuckled herself, got out of her seat, came to the window, to give me a hug and a kiss.  The second oldest also came to the window to give me a kiss and hug.  The other twin didn't want to get into trouble so I blew her a kiss, told the oldest good bye, and waived a the boy, who by this time was awake.  They were just the dose of pick me up that I needed.  Those little ones always have a way of making me smile, regardless of the frame of mind that I am in.
After they drove away, I had a little bit of a smile on my face, yet a little down because the second Pastor had warned me that my son had backed out of the meeting that we were to have in two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment