Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Meeting the Counselor

11/19/14 -- {7/17/14} The meeting between the two Pastors went well, I left feeling somewhat better having unloaded my burden, yet sad because my son backed out so no resolution had happened.  The child I brought with me was relieved that I was done, he was ready to go home, the meeting went longer than I expected.  I was still stunned at how patient the Pastor was and how much he availed himself to me, just one of his many sheep in his flock (congregation) by letting me text him at any time and calling me whenever he had time and I requested it.
     My boss got home from work in just enough time for me to make it to my appointment at 6pm, to see my counselor for the first time.  His name is J. B., not sure if he is a "dr" or not but either way I like him.  It was very helpful to unload all the emotion and heartache to him and he gave a perspective that no one else gave, which, for me is much needed.
   J. B., my counselor, is very nice and understanding.  Not only that but extremely good at picking up subtle changes in facial expressions when telling a story or experience, and having you relate those feeling at the time of the particular detail in the story.  He was very comforting and helpful, he likes to end every session with a joke or something to make you smile or laugh.  He gave me an assignment, at the end of our first session which was to come up with 5 things a day to be grateful for, til our next session.  He gave the technical explanation for it, but I totally get the reason for beyond the technical reasoning.  I did my best to do that, there were some days that it was easy and some days not so much.  At the end, as we were walking out and down the hall, he said that his professional feelings can't be hurt and that if I didn't want to stick with him he was ok with that,  I told him that I was perfectly fine with him.  I told him that I needed a male opinion on what is going on because I have plenty of female input (nothing against my female friends) but it is good to have some male objective opinions and input as well.   That is why I don't mind when friend L talks to her hubby R about what I spoke to her about because whatever input he has is greatly appreciated, plus whenever he's within earshot of our conversations and has any opinion I truly don't mind that he interjects because he is a guy and he has a different perspective on things that we as women do.
   Before leaving the Behavioral Health department I had to make a series of appointments with J.B. to help me sort out all this garbage.  Boy, after walking out of that building, I tell you I felt as if some weight had been lifted off my shoulders.  I had spoken to two Pastors and a Counselor.  I could actually feel the "fog" in my mind lifting.  I was even making plans on purchasing a notebook or two so that I could start journaling again, after I got paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment